18. November 2020 –
This Grant Writing seminar will give the main perspectives and tools for writing a competitive grant application especially for local and international funding programmes. In six hours, the participants will be instructed through the narrative structure step by step and they will learn how to formulate an application. Additionally, the decision process in funding application evaluations will be explored and ways of finding suitable local and international application calls for a project or artwork will be discovered.
The six-hour seminar aims to develop competence in planning and applying for funding for projects or residencies in local, national and international contexts. Therefore, the participants will be guided through two modules. The first one deals with funding bodies and the decision process in funding application evaluations. It also offers advice for the participants to overcome their writing blockage. The second module addresses applications, time and budget management, and provides tips and tricks on how to create a project description, write an artist statement and maintain a focused timeline during the application process.
Ece Pazarbaşi | Berlin Art Grant Clinic (artgrantclinic.org)
Who can participate?
The seminar is aimed at artists, curators and other cultural operators who need support for artistic projects and applications for residency programmes.
Participation via ZOOM
1) Registration: bit.ly/3jD2xwQ
2) Link: We use the software ZOOM for our video conference. After your registration you will receive the ZOOM link and, if applicable, a password for the online event by email.
3) Device: Possible devices: Apple, Windows or Android devices. Camera not necessary.
4) Using ZOOM: If you click on the ZOOM link, ZOOM will guide you step by step through the registration process or the free download of the software/app.
5) First time using ZOOM? If you are using zoom for the first time, please allow 5-10 minutes for the set-up. Should you have any problems with the set-up, we recommend the zoom video instructions: bit.ly/2J6Xx3E
6) User account at ZOOM not necessary.
7) Start: The online event begins as soon as the moderator starts it.